Joins Save Mart in Accepting
Independent Review of Financials
Late Friday night your Union, along with UFCW Local 5, agreed to an extension of the contract with Raley’s/Nob Hill through April 6, 2012. The company has also agreed to accept an independent review of its financial status.
The extension agreement with Raley’s/Nob Hill averts a possible labor dispute with the company and allows time for an independent review to examine its financial status. Save Mart/Lucky also has agreed to accept an independent review of its financial status.
In order to make informed recommendations regarding your economic future, your Union has insisted on financial transparency.
“We need to know the facts, which is why we insisted on third-party verification of the companies’ assertions about their financial status,” President Jacques Loveall said. “We are always responsive to the competitive challenges of Union employers and are prepared to work diligently to meet the challenges of the industry.”
Union members at stores owned by Safeway and Save Mart are still covered by an ongoing extension of the previous contract. Either side may cancel this arrangement after giving notice seven days in advance.
Continue standing strong with your Union. Together we will prove, once again,
- Save Mart Negotiations Update, Nov. 15, 2013
- Save Mart Signs Contract Extension; Includes Lucky Stores
- Raley’s Arbitration Over Holiday and Sunday Premium Pay
- Raley's and Bel Air Ballots Impounded Pending Grievances
- Safeway Tentative Agreement Preserves Affordable Health Care
- Raley's Landmark Tentative Agreement Preserves Affordable Health Care